Yeast Infection Treatment

Thursday, 23 October 2014

How to Cure a Yeast Infection or Urinary Tract Infection, Naturally

Admittedly I get both issues more than I would like, especially during pregnancy. I absolutely HATE having to use over the counter/ prescription drugs to cure them and feel that natural cures are always the best, and safest. Since taking cranberry extract pills more regularly, I rarely get a UTI. Yeast infections are only a problem for me now when I am pregnant. Below is the "prescription" for curing both:
Yeast Infection:
1) Peel one large clove of garlic, cut off the nubby end, and poke holes in it.
2) Insert garlic clove into vagina, as far back as it will go. Leave in for up to 12 hours, and change with another clove for a minimum of 2 days. Continue treatment until yeast infection is gone.
3) Optional: tie a string around clove in case you are fearful of it "getting stuck up there"
4) Optional treatment: Insert a probiotic pill like you would the garlic until it dissolves, and continue treatment until yeast infection is gone. I also like to take extra probiotics when I do the garlic method to get rid of the infection even faster.
5) Optional Treatment: I have heard that plain, sugar free yogurt can cure, and sooth yeast infection symptoms. Dip a tampon into yogurt, put it back into its applicator, freeze, and then insert. Leave in for up to 8 hours, remove and reinsert until the problem is cured. I have not used this method personally, so let me know if it works!

Urinary Tract Infection (follow this method until infection is cured...it will take a minimum of 2 days):
Cranberry juice - 2 oz. 4 times per day (100 % juice with nothing else in it -- the pills aren`t quite strong enough, so I would do them on top of the juice)
Suppository probiotic vaginally
As much fluid as you can consume
Vitamin C -- 2 grams, 3 times per day. Diarreah can happen from taking an excess of Vitamin C. If it does, either power through it, or decrease the dose slightly.
Zinc -- 50 mg per day with food
Garlic -- raw -- eat as much as you can

-If you cannot cure the UTI with this, your last resort can be D-Mannose powder, however I have never had to use it personally.


Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bnzJy8DoYo

No comments:

Post a Comment